Tomorrow it’s October 1st. The crispness in the air, the dew on the morning grass, the change of colors in the leaves on the trees…and those that have already fallen to the ground…are all signs that Autumn is definitely here. I’ve composed a top ten list of my favorite things about Autumn. Is yours on the list?
10. Cooler Weather; not a huge fan of the hot stuff.
9. Change Of Color; in the trees, in the grass, even in the sky...the perfect autumn color palate.
8. Crunchy Leaves; so much fun to jump in.
7. Apples And Apple Foods; apple cider, apple pie, apple sauce, apple butter, caramel apples. Shoot, now I'm hungry, lol.
6. New Falls Clothes; every girl loves new clothes. My favourites are the fashionable scarves, jackets and boots.
5. Warm Treats; snuggling under a blanket with some hot tea and a good book on a cool day.
4. New Fall TV Shows; Once Upon a Time, and Revenge just to name two ... woot woot.
3. Fall Activities; apple & pumpkin picking, corn mazes, hayrides, corn roasts, fall festivals, carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds.
2. New Beginnings; I don't know if it's because I work in the educational field and a new school year begins, but don't you just get the feeling that new and exciting things are bound to happen in Fall?
And the #1 favourite thing about Autumn -- Thanksgiving; I love a holiday that calls on us to give thanks for our blessings. And the smell of the turkey cooking all day is pretty good, too.
And with thanks in mind for the many blessings in my life, I made this card. Enjoy.