Friday, June 13, 2014

The Friday Freebie…

Hi, all.  I’m here with a freebie for you.  But first, some news.  If you aren’t interested you can go ahead and scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the download links.

Some of you may know that there may be some changes in my job situation soon.  I work for my local School Board and at the end of this month 3 schools will be closing.  This is only the beginning.  Over the course of the next few years, there will likely be a total of upwards to 10 or more schools that will be closing in my city, in part due to low enrollment but also because “they” say that the cost of repair is greater than the cost of building a new school.  Only 1 new school is being built to replace the 3 that are closing this year.  That means that there will be some job shifting and bumping happening.  I will still have a job when this is all said and done ... I’m just not sure at which school as I'm not certain whether I'm a jeopardy of being bumped at the school I’m in. A little confusing, I know. Try living it.

Last week, I applied for 6 jobs that were posted on our Board site and out of the 6 I applied for, I received 3 interviews (not bad!). I don't want to leave the school I’m in now. I love it!   However, I felt that I needed to at least try to secure a job by moving up a grade level and have some control over where I end up.  Grade level (not as in a child’s grade) is what our seniority and pay scale are based on.

I didn't get any of the jobs I applied for although I did come close with 2 out of the 3 of them. I was told by both principals that my interview was fabulous, my personality and expertise really shone through but it came down to seniority. It will be interesting to see who was successful when they post the list next week. I have a feeling that one of those jobs was filled by someone who has only 20 days seniority on me but we'll see.

There are 5 girls in our school office and we make such a great team. We all get along so well together it will be sad to see any one of us leave but none of us are secure.  My school is scheduled to close in June 2016.  If we haven't already been split up by the bumping that is happening in this round, we will definitely be when we close.

I’m trying not to stress out because ultimately it is out of my hands but that’s easier said than done.  We were supposed to hear this week whether or not we’d be affected by the bumping but it keeps getting put off.  Think good thoughts for me .. and, if you are so inclined, add this to your list of prayers for me.  I know that I will end up where I’m meant to be so I try to focus on that as much as possible!

Ok, with that out of the way, it’s time to move on to the freebie.  With Father’s Day arriving soon, I choose to do this simple sentiment.  As always, click on the link(s) below the preview to download this freebie.  This sentiment comes with or without the frame which was also designed and created by me.  If you love it, leave me a comment.  I always love hearing from you!

PNG or JPG format (can be resized)

HappyFathersDay_PREVIEW_apieceofheartblog

 

JPGS:

PNGS: I’d really love it if you used the “Share With Me” feature that can be found on the toolbar just below the header for this blog to show me the projects you created using my freebie.

2 comments :

Desire Fourie said...

Dearest Sharon you are definitely in my prayers and may this uncertainty also pass soon and you will be secure in your job again xxx Thanks so much for this awesome sentiment again. I am off to linking up an upcycle project in your Show and Tell Gallery on which I used one of your beautiful sentiments. Wishing you an awesome weekend from a very cold winterish Johannesburg xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Heather G said...

What's not to love about your freebies. You are very gracious. I'm sorry you are experiencing what you're going through. Prayers with you that you will be where you're meant to be...easy to say, but hard to live it (been there). Thanks again.