I had a request from one of my followers to do a tutorial on how to use my Digital Sentiments. It had never occurred to me that not everyone knows what to do with them. Thank you to, Suman Pandit, for asking this question. As promised, here is a quick lesson on using my sentiments.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An ink-jet printer with black ink
- Microsoft Office Word or some other software that allows you to import a picture and print it.
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Download the sentiment and save it somewhere on your computer where you can easily find it.
2. Open your software and import the sentiment. You can use any type of word processing software to achieve this. If you do not own a word processing program, you can download one for free from OpenOffice.org. I'm using Microsoft Word in my examples.
3. You will need to resize it. Highlight the image and use the bounding boxes to drag it to the size you want.
4. Alternatively, you can adjust the size by changing the width/height.
5. You are now ready to print your image. Print it at high quality. You may need to test different settings on your printer to see what works best for you.
6. Use your scissors or paper trimmer to trim out the image. I usually adhere it to a piece of colored cardstock to frame it. Here are a couple of examples…
7. Add it to your project and you're done!
If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will answer you (so watch for my answer in the comments).